Making a grant application
The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity exists to provide a better quality of life for serving and former Naval Service personnel and their dependants who are eligable for different types of grants listed below.
- Dependants - In the event of death-in-service we provide immediate relief in form of a grant of £12,000 within 48 hours to the dependant identified with the most need.
- Benevolence - We meet an individual's need through the funding we give to specific Naval and military charities.
Serving personnel only:
- Amenities - We support the serving community in three ways:
- Operational grants - Every year all operational units receive a grant for the Commanding Officer to use at their discretion for the welfare of their men and women.
- Minor and major grants - We award substantial grants for equipment, facilities, families days and other team building events.
- Sport - Our sports charity funds 39 different Sporting Associations and enables our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to receive world class coaching.
- Prizes and Awards - We recognise professional excellence and achievement through the funds we make available to Commanding Officers.
The Naval Service Sports Charity forms part of the RNRMC. It provides grants, which enable the following:
- We fund the running costs of the 39 Naval Sports Associations
- We provide sports grants to the Naval Commands around the UK
- We support individual athletes through the elite athlete programme and coaching
If you are currently serving in the Royal Navy or Royal Marines, you can apply for a grant for sports equipment and/ or facilities. For all sport-related grants, please contact the RN Sports Grants Officer on 023 9272 3806.