Making a grant application
The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity exists to provide a better quality of life for serving and former Naval Service personnel and their dependants who are eligable for different types of grants listed below.
- Dependants - In the event of death-in-service we provide immediate relief in form of a grant of £12,000 within 48 hours to the dependant identified with the most need.
- Benevolence - We meet an individual's need through the funding we give to specific Naval and military charities.
Serving personnel only:
- Amenities - We support the serving community in three ways
- Operational grants - Every six months all operational units receive a grant for the Commanding Officer to use at their discretion for the welfare of their men and women.
- Minor and major grants - We award substantial grants for equipment, facilities, families days and other team building events
- Sport - Our sports charity funds 39 different Sporting Associations and enables our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to receive world class coaching
- Prizes and Awards - We recognise professional excellence and achievement through the funds we make available to Commanding Officers.
The Naval Service Prizes & Awards Fund enables Commanding Officers to recognize and reward excellence throughout the Royal Navy. The RNRMC provides funding for prizes and awards to Naval Establishments including the Herbert Lott Efficiency Award (only serving personnel are eligable for this type of grant).
If you would like to discuss this fund further, please download and fill in the Naval Service Prizes and Awards Fund and Herbert Lott application form or contact Anne Carr on 023 9254 8093.