Making a grant application
The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity exists to provide a better quality of life for serving and former Naval Service personnel and their dependants who are eligable for different types of grants listed below.
- Dependants - In the event of death-in-service we provide immediate relief in form of a grant of £12,000 within 48 hours to the dependant identified with the most need.
- Benevolence - We meet an individual's need through the funding we give to specific Naval and military charities.
Serving personnel only:
- Amenities - We support the serving community in three ways
- Operational grants - Every six months all operational units receive a grant for the Commanding Officer to use at their discretion for the welfare of their men and women.
- Minor and major grants - We award substantial grants for equipment, facilities, families days and other team building events
- Sport - Our sports charity funds 39 different Sporting Associations and enables our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to receive world class coaching
- Prizes and Awards - We recognise professional excellence and achievement through the funds we make available to Commanding Officers.
We are advised of all deaths in service and we initiate the payment to the dependants in liaison with the Visting Officer.
Every year, on average, 32 members of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines die in service, the Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity is there to support their dependants with a grant of £12,000.
If you need further information please contact Anne Carr on 023 9254 8093