Making a grant application
The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity exists to provide a better quality of life for serving and former Naval Service personnel and their dependants who are eligable for different types of grants listed below.
- Dependants - In the event of death-in-service we provide immediate relief in form of a grant of £12,000 within 48 hours to the dependant identified with the most need.
- Benevolence - We meet an individual's need through the funding we give to specific Naval and military charities.
Serving personnel only:
- Amenities - We support the serving community in three ways
- Operational grants - Every six months all operational units receive a grant for the Commanding Officer to use at their discretion for the welfare of their men and women.
- Minor and major grants - We award substantial grants for equipment, facilities, families days and other team building events
- Sport - Our sports charity funds 39 different Sporting Associations and enables our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to receive world class coaching
- Prizes and Awards - We recognise professional excellence and achievement through the funds we make available to Commanding Officers.
The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity is a major source of grants made directly to ships and units through its Amenity fund (only serving personnel are eligable for this type of grant).
The grants are made in three ways
- Automatically every six months to each operational unit’s welfare fund
- Through application for a minor grant at any time, and
- Through application to the full committee twice a year
Since the RNRMC was established, there has been significant growth, both in the value of grants and in the number made.
How to apply for an Amenities Grant
If you would like to apply for a Memorials Monuments and Dedication ceremony grant, please use Naval Service Amenity Fund - Memorials Monuments and Dedication ceremonies form.
If you would like to talk this stage through, please contact Anne Carr on 023 9254 8093.