Making a grant application
The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity exists to provide a better quality of life for serving and former Naval Service personnel and their dependants who are eligable for different types of grants listed below.
- Dependants - In the event of death-in-service we provide immediate relief in form of a grant of £12,000 within 48 hours to the dependant identified with the most need.
- Benevolence - We meet an individual's need through the funding we give to specific Naval and military charities.
Serving personnel only:
- Amenities - We support the serving community in three ways:
- Operational grants - Every year all operational units receive a grant for the Commanding Officer to use at their discretion for the welfare of their men and women.
- Minor and major grants - We award substantial grants for equipment, facilities, families days and other team building events.
- Sport - Our sports charity funds 39 different Sporting Associations and enables our Olympic and Paralympic athletes to receive world class coaching.
- Prizes and Awards - We recognise professional excellence and achievement through the funds we make available to Commanding Officers.
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity can award minor and major grants providing the beneficiaries are serving personnel.
These grants are made through:
- Applications for a minor grant at any time of the year, and
- Applications for major grants are considered by the Naval Service Amenity Fund committee three times a year
How to apply for an Amenities grant:
For a grant application form, please email email@example.com, loosely stating the scope of your project and an estimated cost. If your request is suitable, then you will be sent the appropriate application form and instructions.
Pictured: Beneficiaries of our amenities funding include providing a drum kit for HMS Daring, a bar refurbishment and rentable motorhome for families at HMNB Clyde